About the Property
Ron has been photographing wildlife his entire career as a professional photographer. One of his frustrations is trying to find a quiet place to sit, wait, observe and photograph wildlife in public parks. Ron envisioned owning his own property and creating the ideal scenario for photographing wildlife. The problem was finding that perfect piece of property.
Ron seriously began looking for property about 4 years ago. The criteria was tight and he knew he was trying to find a needle in a haystack. But last year his patience and vision paid off.
Nestled on 10 acres of saguaro studded property in the Tortolita Mountains north of Tucson, Arizona Ron has created a nature photographers dream property. Featuring three enclosed blinds allowing photographers to comfortably photograph wildlife and birds. Check out our species list.
This saguaro studded property allows endless opportunities for wildlife, landscape and night photography.
A few things to know about Desert Photo Retreat:
- We are 8 miles down a dirt road, you do not need 4WD but a very low clearance vehicle may have trouble. The beauty of being 8 miles off the grid is you are immediately transported to a tranquil desert setting and feel as though civilization is much further away than it actually is.
- Most cell phones have reception at Desert Photo Retreat.
- There is a restroom facility and access to water for our daily visitors.
- Access to an airstream trailer for our overnight visitors.
- Because traveling the dirt road can be slow we recommend you bring anything you might need for the day with you, such as food and beverages.
- If you are not spending the night at the property the closest overnight accommodations can be found off the Cortaro Exit on I10 in Marana, AZ. The drive is approximately 35 minutes from the Cortaro exit to Desert Photo Retreat.